* moving tickmarks from gnus.ding to gmane.emacs.gnus.general?
@ 2003-04-15  5:38 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2003-04-15  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to move my existing tickmarks in gnus.ding to the
gmane.emacs.gnus.general group?

Thanx!

- Steinar

* Re: moving tickmarks from gnus.ding to gmane.emacs.gnus.general?
@ 2003-04-15 19:21 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-15 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Is it possible to move my existing tickmarks in gnus.ding to the
> gmane.emacs.gnus.general group?

Only manually, I'm afraid.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)

* Re: moving tickmarks from gnus.ding to gmane.emacs.gnus.general?
@ 2003-04-17  5:16   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2003-04-17  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>> Is it possible to move my existing tickmarks in gnus.ding to the
>> gmane.emacs.gnus.general group?

> Only manually, I'm afraid.

What about gnus-group-move-group-to-server?  Will that work for me
here?  Or will it have a problem because the groups have different
names?

From the manual:

  You can also move individual groups with the `M-x
  gnus-group-move-group-to-server' command.  This is useful if you
  want to move a (foreign) group from one server to another.

* Re: moving tickmarks from gnus.ding to gmane.emacs.gnus.general?
@ 2003-04-17 18:58     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-17 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>>> Is it possible to move my existing tickmarks in gnus.ding to the
>>> gmane.emacs.gnus.general group?
>
>> Only manually, I'm afraid.
>
> What about gnus-group-move-group-to-server?  Will that work for me
> here?

I don't know.  If I hear you screaming tomorrow, it hasn't worked ;-)
--

@ 2003-04-18 19:13       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2003-04-18 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> Only manually, I'm afraid.

>> What about gnus-group-move-group-to-server?  Will that work for me
>> here?

> I don't know.  If I hear you screaming tomorrow, it hasn't worked ;-)

I looked into gnus-move.el.  The code there expects the same name on
the other server.

I'm sort of hoping a lisp guru will rewrite gnus-move-group-to-server
and gnus-group-move-group-to-server to take an extra optional
argument, that is the group name on the second server...;-)