* Lars, your Face...
@ 2003-02-24 14:32 Peter Wu
From: Peter Wu @ 2003-02-24 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars,

I can see your Face in my Gnus but cannot see others' X-Face here.

I notice the header you use is Face while the _standard_ one is X-Face. I
even tried to replace X-Face with Face but no luck. My 0.16 Gnus still
cannot see it. Why? :)

--
Peter Wu
Powered by FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE

* Re: Lars, your Face...
@ 2003-02-24 17:15 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-02-24 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Wu <peterwu@canada.com> writes:

> I can see your Face in my Gnus but cannot see others' X-Face here.

I'd guess that you don't have the X-Face tools installed.

"apt-get install compface".

* Re: Lars, your Face...
@ 2003-02-25  2:27   ` Peter Wu
From: Peter Wu @ 2003-02-25  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Peter Wu <peterwu@canada.com> writes:
>
>> I can see your Face in my Gnus but cannot see others' X-Face here.
>
> I'd guess that you don't have the X-Face tools installed.

But why can I see yours? :)

--
Cheers, Peter

* Re: Lars, your Face...
@ 2003-02-25  7:21     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-25  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Peter Wu" <peterwu@canada.com> writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>
>> Peter Wu <peterwu@canada.com> writes:
>>
>>> I can see your Face in my Gnus but cannot see others' X-Face here.
>>
>> I'd guess that you don't have the X-Face tools installed.
>
> But why can I see yours? :)

Lars is using Face, not X-Face.  Face is just a base64 encoded PNG, I
think.  But there is a spec on quimby.gnus.org which has the full story.