* nndraft backend is not triggering gnus-draft-mode for me
@ 2002-10-16 14:06 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2002-10-16 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

With latest Oort, I don't get the gnus-draft-mode activated when I
enter nndraft:drafts.  I have to manually turn it on.  Before I submit
this as a bug, I wanted to know if I'm missing something obvious,
maybe a group parameter that got unset somehow.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: nndraft backend is not triggering gnus-draft-mode for me
@ 2002-10-16 14:10 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-10-16 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> With latest Oort, I don't get the gnus-draft-mode activated when I
> enter nndraft:drafts.  I have to manually turn it on.  Before I submit
> this as a bug, I wanted to know if I'm missing something obvious,
> maybe a group parameter that got unset somehow.

Yes.  Here's the output of `G p' on nndraft:drafts:

((gnus-dummy
  (gnus-draft-mode)))

kai

* Re: nndraft backend is not triggering gnus-draft-mode for me
@ 2002-10-16 14:27   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2002-10-16 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE wrote:
> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> With latest Oort, I don't get the gnus-draft-mode activated when I
>> enter nndraft:drafts.  I have to manually turn it on.  Before I
>> submit this as a bug, I wanted to know if I'm missing something
>> obvious, maybe a group parameter that got unset somehow.
>
> Yes.  Here's the output of `G p' on nndraft:drafts:
>
> ((gnus-dummy
>   (gnus-draft-mode)))

Great, thanks.  I wonder how the parameter got dropped.

Perhaps this parameter should be forced on all nndraft groups, without
having to actually be specified in the parameter list?  Or is there
another purpose to nndraft besides running gnus-draft-mode?

@ 2002-10-16 14:56     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-10-16 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Perhaps this parameter should be forced on all nndraft groups, without
> having to actually be specified in the parameter list?  Or is there
> another purpose to nndraft besides running gnus-draft-mode?

Gnus already adds the parameter when creating the group.  So killing
the group should also work.  Maybe that's a case of the current
operation being good enough so nobody bothers...

kai