* configuration errors
@ 1997-09-16  2:43 Allwyn Carvalho
From: Allwyn Carvalho @ 1997-09-16  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've been using Gnus for a few months now, and quite like it, except
that there are a two configuration errors that I don't know how to
resolve.  They are both concerned with posting news.

1. The "From:" comes up as:

      From: Allwyn Carvalho <allwyn@minnie>

   I would like for it to be <allwyn@ia-us.com>.  In fact I cannot post
   the article until I manually change it to the above.

2. My Messsage-ID says:

  I have no idea what to do about it, and it does not seem too serious,
  unless someone takes it literally :)

Part of the problem could be that my machine does not have direct Internet
access.

Thanks in advance.

- allwyn

* Re: configuration errors
@ 1997-09-16  4:21 ` Don Croyle
From: Don Croyle @ 1997-09-16  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

allwyn@ia-us.com (Allwyn Carvalho) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using Gnus for a few months now, and quite like it, except
> that there are a two configuration errors that I don't know how to
> resolve.  They are both concerned with posting news.
>
> 1. The "From:" comes up as:
>
>       From: Allwyn Carvalho <allwyn@minnie>
[snip]
> 2. My Messsage-ID says:

Saying:

(setq user-mail-address "allwyn@ia-us.com")

in your .gnus should solve the first (and if I remember rightly the
second) problem.
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.