* A quick way to view the spam headers of an article from the summary buffer?
@ 2019-04-13  4:55 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2019-04-13  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When I see an obvious spam message that has survived SpamAssassin I
sometimes(*) do a 'C-u g' to watch the article with all headers and raw
undecoded MIME structure(**).

What I would have liked to have is a summary command that just shows me
the spam headers in the article buffer (or a buffer that is in the same
place in the emacs layout as the article buffer).

Does anyone else have a command that does this? Is there something
built-in to gnus that I have overlooked?

The headers I'm interested in, are:
 X-Spam-Status
 X-Spam-Level
 X-Spam-Checker-Version

The X-Spam-Status header is the most important one.

Thanks!

- Steinar

(*)  Because I'm curious

(**) I don't want a potential bug in the HTML rendering triggering
     an HTML request (I have configured it so that it shouldn't, but as I
     said, bugs...)

* Re: A quick way to view the spam headers of an article from the summary buffer?
@ 2019-04-15 15:40 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-04-15 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> When I see an obvious spam message that has survived SpamAssassin I
> sometimes(*) do a 'C-u g' to watch the article with all headers and raw
> undecoded MIME structure(**).
>
> What I would have liked to have is a summary command that just shows me
> the spam headers in the article buffer (or a buffer that is in the same
> place in the emacs layout as the article buffer).
>
> Does anyone else have a command that does this? Is there something
> built-in to gnus that I have overlooked?
>
> The headers I'm interested in, are:
>  X-Spam-Status
>  X-Spam-Level
>  X-Spam-Checker-Version

The two easiest (built-in) ways to do this would be to use "t" to toggle
header display -- that will show all the headers, which is probably more
than you want. The other would be concatting "X-Spam-*\\|" to the value
of `gnus-visible-headers'. That would make the spam headers always
visible, though. Maybe just add "X-Spam-Status" to the visible headers,
and use "t" to see the others when you need to?

Eric

* Re: A quick way to view the spam headers of an article from the summary buffer?
@ 2019-04-16  6:07   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2019-04-16  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> The two easiest (built-in) ways to do this would be to use "t" to toggle
> header display -- that will show all the headers, which is probably more
> than you want. The other would be concatting "X-Spam-*\\|" to the value
> of `gnus-visible-headers'. That would make the spam headers always
> visible, though. Maybe just add "X-Spam-Status" to the visible headers,
> and use "t" to see the others when you need to?

Yes, but both of these would require actually viewing the article,
wouldn't they?

What I'm looking for/thinking of, is a command that quickly displays the
headers, but without actually displaying the article.

* Re: A quick way to view the spam headers of an article from the summary buffer?
@ 2019-04-17  3:56     ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-04-17  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> The two easiest (built-in) ways to do this would be to use "t" to toggle
>> header display -- that will show all the headers, which is probably more
>> than you want. The other would be concatting "X-Spam-*\\|" to the value
>> of `gnus-visible-headers'. That would make the spam headers always
>> visible, though. Maybe just add "X-Spam-Status" to the visible headers,
>> and use "t" to see the others when you need to?
>
> Yes, but both of these would require actually viewing the article,
> wouldn't they?
>
> What I'm looking for/thinking of, is a command that quickly displays the
> headers, but without actually displaying the article.

Oh, no, you'd have to write your own elisp to do that -- perhaps
someone's written that function, but not that I'm aware of.

* Re: A quick way to view the spam headers of an article from the summary buffer?
@ 2019-04-20  6:55       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2019-04-20  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> What I'm looking for/thinking of, is a command that quickly displays
>> the headers, but without actually displaying the article.

> Oh, no, you'd have to write your own elisp to do that -- perhaps
> someone's written that function, but not that I'm aware of.

Right, that's what I figured.  But I thought I should ask before doing
so. :-)

Thanks!