* Bogofilter and spam.el
@ 2003-11-13 12:18 Markus Korber
From: Markus Korber @ 2003-11-13 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've problems using spam.el in connection with bogofilter and IMAP.

I get new mail with 'g'.  However, even though 'S t' in my INBOX
indicates a spamicity value of 1.0, spam is sometimes moved to
INBOX/spam and sometimes not.  If I press 'g' a second time, however,
spam is moved.  My setup is as follows:

,----
| (setq spam-use-bogofilter t
|       spam-bogofilter-database-directory "/home/mkorber/.bogofilter")
|
| (setq spam-mark-only-unseen-as-spam t)
|
| (require 'spam)
|
| (setq nnimap-split-download-body t)
|
| (setq spam-process-ham-in-spam-groups t)
| ;(setq spam-mark-ham-unread-before-move-from-spam-group t)
|
| (setq spam-stat-split-fancy-spam-group "spam")
| (setq spam-split-group "spam")
|
| (setq nnimap-split-rule 'nnimap-split-fancy
|       nnimap-split-fancy
|       '(| ("^From"        "xxx"                "INBOX/xxx")
|           (: spam-split)
|           "INBOX/"))
|
| (setq gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
| 		'(("^nnimap:spam$" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)
| 		  ("^nnimap:INBOX$" gnus-group-spam-classification-ham))
|
| 		gnus-spam-process-destinations
| 		'(("^nnimap:INBOX$" "nnimap+aphona IMAP server:spam"))
| 		gnus-ham-process-destinations
| 		'(("^nnimap:spam$" "nnimap+aphona IMAP server:INBOX"))
|
| 		gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
| 		'(("^nnimap:spam$"
| 			(gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter))
|
| 		  ("^nnimap:INBOX$"
| 			(gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
| 			 gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter))))
`----

* Re: Bogofilter and spam.el
@ 2003-11-19 21:16 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-11-19 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, markus.korber@aphona.net wrote:

> I've problems using spam.el in connection with bogofilter and IMAP.
>
> I get new mail with 'g'.  However, even though 'S t' in my INBOX
> indicates a spamicity value of 1.0, spam is sometimes moved to
> INBOX/spam and sometimes not.  If I press 'g' a second time,
> however, spam is moved.  My setup is as follows:

Your setup looks OK.  Can you look at spam-check-bogofilter-headers
and use (debug) statements in it?  e.g. (debug header) inside the
function will bring up a debugging stack with the article's bogofilter
header.

What I'd like to know is whether the header is the same or different
with `S t' and from the splitting.  With nnimap in particular, this
is possible.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: Bogofilter and spam.el
@ 2003-11-20 14:40   ` Markus Korber
From: Markus Korber @ 2003-11-20 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thus spake Ted Zlatanov:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, markus.korber@aphona.net wrote:
>
>> I've problems using spam.el in connection with bogofilter and IMAP.
>>
>> I get new mail with 'g'.  However, even though 'S t' in my INBOX
>> indicates a spamicity value of 1.0, spam is sometimes moved to
>> INBOX/spam and sometimes not.  If I press 'g' a second time,
>> however, spam is moved.  My setup is as follows:

[Debugging 'spam-check-bogofilter-headers' with (debug header) in it.]

> What I'd like to know is whether the header is the same or different
> with `S t' and from the splitting.  With nnimap in particular, this
> is possible.

Interesting behaviour: It seems that in case I press 'g' and have
received a spam mail in my INBOX the function is sometimes not called
at all.  However, if I press 'g' a second time, it is called.