* Weirdness in newsgroup
@ 2002-03-16 21:30 Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2002-03-16 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got some messages like "Invalid foo in line 129" when opening a
newsgroup.  When it finally opened, I got the first article which had
all the headers of all the articles instead of the first article.
Here's some of the headers:

Subject: Re: Fads, foolishness and furniture
Subject: Re: I did something really stoopid.....
Subject: Re: Double the Unrecovery, Double the Fun...
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery

In addition, when I went to the second article, it was the first
article -- it was "Re: Fads, foolishness and furniture" instead of
"Re: I did something really stoopid.....".  Et cetera.

Why?  I rebuilt Gnus from CVS and that didn't help.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 229 bytes --]

* Re: Weirdness in newsgroup
@ 2002-03-16 22:11 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-03-16 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@twilley.org> writes:

> I got some messages like "Invalid foo in line 129" when opening a
> newsgroup.  When it finally opened, I got the first article which had
> all the headers of all the articles instead of the first article.
> Here's some of the headers:
>
> Subject: Re: Fads, foolishness and furniture
> Subject: Re: I did something really stoopid.....
> Subject: Re: Double the Unrecovery, Double the Fun...
> Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
> Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
> Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
>
> In addition, when I went to the second article, it was the first
> article -- it was "Re: Fads, foolishness and furniture" instead of
> "Re: I did something really stoopid.....".  Et cetera.

Maybe your .overview files are corrupt?

* Re: Weirdness in newsgroup
@ 2002-03-17  6:10   ` Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2002-03-17  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)