* [OT] Setting background color in XEmacs.
@ 2003-03-20 23:58 Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2003-03-20 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm sorry for asking this here, but can someone please send me the
command or XDefaults entry to make XEmacs' background another color
other than white? It is really hurting my eyes and letting me with
headaches...

--
Godoy.    <godoy@metalab.unc.edu>

* Re: [OT] Setting background color in XEmacs.
@ 2003-03-21  8:49 ` Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 2003-03-21  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Jorge Godoy wrote:
> I'm sorry for asking this here, but can someone please send me the
> command or XDefaults entry to make XEmacs' background another color
> other than white? It is really hurting my eyes and letting me with
> headaches...

Check out <http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ColorTheme>.

* Re: [OT] Setting background color in XEmacs.
@ 2003-03-21  9:01   ` Erik Simon
From: Erik Simon @ 2003-03-21  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 Mar 2003, Tibor Simko wrote:
>Check out <http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ColorTheme>.

Mmhh, not with XEmacs. I only had trouble with it in XEmacs. Maybe
it's solved now? Anyone experienced it? Works great in GNU Emacs,
though.

To be more explicit: in XEmacs, colors are not good in some themes,
making it very difficult to read. I remember I could use
color-theme-darkblue2, but I had to change manually some faces.

Good luck
--
Erik Simon

* Re: [OT] Setting background color in XEmacs.
@ 2003-03-21  9:52     ` Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 2003-03-21  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Erik Simon wrote:
> Mmhh, not with XEmacs. I only had trouble with it in XEmacs. Maybe
> it's solved now?

color-theme.el 6.5.0 apparently works with XEmacs 21.4, but yes I'm
using FSF Emacs as you know well :-)

* Re: [OT] Setting background color in XEmacs.
@ 2003-03-22 18:00 ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2003-03-22 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jorge Godoy <godoy@metalab.unc.edu> writes:

> I'm sorry for asking this here, but can someone please send me the
> command or XDefaults entry to make XEmacs' background another color
> other than white? It is really hurting my eyes and letting me with
> headaches...

Thank you, guys and girls (?).

It worked. I'm not sure why the .Xdefaults solution didn't work
here... :-)

See you,
--
Godoy.    <godoy@metalab.unc.edu>