* attachment notice in Emacs 25
@ 2019-05-02 22:32 Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2019-05-02 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Since I upgraded to Emacs 25 [1] I noticed
whenever there is an attachment I got a header
I haven't seen before, namely:

(It says exactly that, I didn't add the three dots.)

This header doesn't bother me one bit, and
besides it also say what I'm used to from
Emacs 24, namely in the footer (or "downmost"
if the footer is a reserved tech term meaning
specifically something else (?)):

    [2. image/jpeg; WP_20190502_001.jpg]...

Despite never being bothered by this during the
Emacs 24 days, now that I think about it
I actually prefer it as a header! Only then,
why is it displayed twice?

But the third and most important issue, I just
got another mail and there is
_no indication at all_ there is an attachment!
Neither of the two above mentioned notice
versions are shown. If the guy hadn't written
"take a look at this" I would never had known.
But as he did, so I hit my ordinary key [2] and
got the pic.

Examining the mail's header, the only thing
browsing it quickly is this header:

which might be indicative. What does it mean
when headers are prefixed X- now again? The MS-
I have never feel but it has a bad vibe to it,
for sure.

How do I make it show there is an attachment
the same way no matter what ... yeah, what's
the difference, really?

[1] GNU Emacs 25.1.1
    (arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, GTK+ Version
    3.22.11) of 2017-09-16, modified by Debian

    with Gnus v5.13

[2] `gnus-summary-save-parts'
    line 12 351 in
    /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/gnus/gnus-sum.el.gz

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: attachment notice in Emacs 25
@ 2019-05-04 23:52 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2019-05-04 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Now I got a new mail - again, no indication
whatsoever - but this time even the header

did not contain any information.