* mail-source-delete-incoming t in CVS gnus?
@ 2003-05-25 10:03 Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-05-25 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

After a CVS update 'mail-source-delete-incoming' is 't' on my system.
Is this intended?

Robert Epprecht

* Re: mail-source-delete-incoming t in CVS gnus?
@ 2003-05-26  5:03 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]   ` <84u1bis3js.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duis?= =?iso-8859-1?q?burg.de>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-26  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> writes:

> After a CVS update 'mail-source-delete-incoming' is 't' on my system.
> Is this intended?

Well, err.  Hm.  I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do.  OT1H,
Gnus 5.10 is a released (beta?) version, rather than a development
version like Oort.  Only bugfixes are supposed to go into Gnus 5.10.
But OTOH, maybe the release status should only be assigned to the
tarballs?

(In case it wasn't clear, setting mail-source-delete-incoming
protects you from losing mail due to the unstableness of Gnus, and
the variable should default to t for stable versions of Gnus.)
--
This line is not blank.

@ 2003-05-26 14:50     ` Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-05-26 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> writes:
>
>> After a CVS update 'mail-source-delete-incoming' is 't' on my system.
>> Is this intended?
>
> Well, err.  Hm.  I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do.

Nor am I ;-)

> maybe the release status should only be assigned to the tarballs?

I think so...  Otherwise we could miss the right time to set it back,
and then it could be too late.

Robert

@ 2003-10-18 13:09   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-18 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> But OTOH, maybe the release status should only be assigned to the
> tarballs?

Yup.  I've now added this to the release script.