* Agent downloading unwanted articles
@ 2003-01-06 16:57 Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-01-06 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using (normal) scoring as base of agent downloading
(as I like it's interface). So I have my category default
with  predicate "high"  and  score expression "file".
This has worked fine for a long time now.

A few days ago I discovered by accident that many (but not all)
articles with score zero (and even below) do get downloaded by the
agent.  Did I overlook one of the many decent changes, or is it a bug?

Since then I tried to find out when it happens and when not, but
was not successful yet.

Robert Epprecht

* Re: Agent downloading unwanted articles
@ 2003-01-07  6:42 ` kgreiner
From: kgreiner @ 2003-01-07  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Epprecht <epprecht@cybercity.ch> writes:

> I am using (normal) scoring as base of agent downloading
> (as I like it's interface). So I have my category default
> with  predicate "high"  and  score expression "file".
> This has worked fine for a long time now.
>
> A few days ago I discovered by accident that many (but not all)
> articles with score zero (and even below) do get downloaded by the
> agent.  Did I overlook one of the many decent changes, or is it a bug?
>
> Since then I tried to find out when it happens and when not, but
> was not successful yet.
>
> Robert Epprecht

This was a bug.  Try the latest version of gnus-agent.el to see if it
is fixed for you.

Kevin

* Re: Agent downloading unwanted articles
@ 2003-01-07 15:24   ` Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-01-07 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com writes:

> Robert Epprecht <epprecht@cybercity.ch> writes:

>> [ ... ]  I have my category default with  predicate "high"  and
>> score expression "file".  This has worked fine for a long time now.

>> [ ... ]  many (but not all) articles with score zero (and even below)
>> do get downloaded by the agent.

> This was a bug.  Try the latest version of gnus-agent.el to see if it
> is fixed for you.

Yes, it looks ok now (my sample size is a bit limited yet,
but I'll keep an eye on it...).

Thanks a lot, Robert.