* writing a function that pipes the html mime part to an external script
@ 2017-01-20  6:59 John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2017-01-20  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm trying to write a function that would pipe the html mime part of
an article to a shell script for further processing.
I can do eval-expression and enter this at the Eval: prompt:

    (gnus-article-pipe-part 1)

Then this appears in the message body:

    =>. text/html]

and on the minibuffer line:

    Shell command on MIME part:

where I enter the absolute path to the shell script I want the html part
of this message piped to:

    Shell command on MIME part: ~/bin/pipe_to_tmp

and everything works as intended. But I'd like to do away with that last
step of having to manually enter the shell command, somehow placing that
"~/bin/pipe_to_tmp" directly into a function that could be mapped to a
key binding. I've been messing around with mm-pipe-part but haven't
found a way to do this. Any suggestions?

Regards,

John

--
John Magolske