* pending patches
@ 2013-07-01 11:14 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2013-07-01 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I am a sync engineer merging changes made in Emacs and Gnus one
another, and have patches[1] that haven't been applied to Emacs
yet left on the shelf.  AFAIU, why it is pending is that there
are some unresolved problems[2].  Unfortunately the majority of
the changes are for IMAP and I'm not an IMAP user, so I'm not
capable to join in the development.  Now let me make a question;
what do you think a better way to handle them?

1. Keep the diffs (forever?)
2. Merge the diffs to Emacs, to open to many users/developers.
3. Revert the diffs.

+1 to 2. :)

[1] <http://www.jpl.org/ftp/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs-pending.patch>
[2] <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/149945/focus=149948>