* BBDB 3.02 bbdb/gnus-edit-notes not working
       [not found]     ` <19785.35954.544830.107364@gargle.gargle.HOWL>
@ 2011-02-16 18:50       ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-02-16 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Winkler; +Cc: ding, bbdb-info

Ok, so I have reverted to bbdb 2.35 to test the ';'
(bbdb/gnus-edit-notes) functionality, and using this function adds the
sender to the database if not already present, as explained in the info files.

This function is broken in bbdb 3.02 as the ';' does not add the sender
to the database.

Cross-posting (let me know if this is wrong) to the gnus mailing list,
if some experience Gus user has resolved this.

Previous said on this topic as below...

--
Johnny

* Re: BBDB 3.02 bbdb/gnus-edit-notes not working
@ 2011-02-27 21:24         ` Roland Winkler
From: Roland Winkler @ 2011-02-27 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny; +Cc: ding, bbdb-info

 On Wed Feb 16 2011 Johnny wrote:
> Ok, so I have reverted to bbdb 2.35 to test the ';'
> (bbdb/gnus-edit-notes) functionality, and using this function adds the
> sender to the database if not already present, as explained in the info files.
>
> This function is broken in bbdb 3.02 as the ';' does not add the sender
> to the database.
>
> Cross-posting (let me know if this is wrong) to the gnus mailing list,
> if some experience Gus user has resolved this.

Finally I got a rudimentary gnus running. When I invoke
bbdb-mua-edit-notes-sender (formerly bbdb/gnus-edit-notes) it allows
me to edit notes as expected. (I used the latest version of BBDB
that I submitted today. Yet I believe that none of the latest
changes should be relevant here.)

Actually, what do you mean more precisely by the following?

> the ';' does not add the sender to the database.

This is controlled by your setting of bbdb/gnus-update-records-p.
What is your value of this variable? The default is a query, which
is exactly what I got in my test.

Roland

* Re: BBDB 3.02 bbdb/gnus-edit-notes not working
@ 2011-05-14 20:02           ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-05-14 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Winkler; +Cc: ding, bbdb-info

"Roland Winkler" <winkler@gnu.org> writes:

>  On Wed Feb 16 2011 Johnny wrote:
>> Ok, so I have reverted to bbdb 2.35 to test the ';'
>> (bbdb/gnus-edit-notes) functionality, and using this function adds the
>> sender to the database if not already present, as explained in the info files.
>>
>> This function is broken in bbdb 3.02 as the ';' does not add the sender
>> to the database.
>
> Finally I got a rudimentary gnus running. When I invoke
> bbdb-mua-edit-notes-sender (formerly bbdb/gnus-edit-notes) it allows
> me to edit notes as expected. (I used the latest version of BBDB
> that I submitted today. Yet I believe that none of the latest
> changes should be relevant here.)

This has been on my todo list for a while now, and I finally got around
to fetch the latest git version of the bbdb3, and now the ';' adds the
user as expected. I have the same settings in my init as last time, so I
don't know why it failed. User incompetence maybe? Anyhow, I'll go back
to bbdb3 to follow development. Sorry about the commotion and thanks!

Regards
--
Johnny