* Large and multiple attachments
@ 2011-02-09 14:40 Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2011-02-09 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus

Hi all

Gnus seems to have problems with large attachments. If the message size
extends a critical point (I have never tested where exactly the limit
is), the process of sending hangs forever. It is definitely not a matter
of SMPT server limits, since I can send the same message with another
client without problems. It must be a Gnus problem. Is there a variable
that limits the acceptable message-size? (I know only
message-send-mail-partially-limit which I have set to nil).

Another question. Is it possible to select more than one file attachment
at once? Sometimes I want two or more files of the same folder
to be attached to a mail. C-c C-a lets you chose only one file after the
other while you always have to retype the whole path. There must be a
more convenient, maybe Dired-like, way to select files to be attached.

Thank you very much for help

Sven

* Re: Large and multiple attachments
@ 2011-02-09 14:44 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-02-09 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Bretfeld; +Cc: Gnus

"Sven Bretfeld" <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:

Hi Sven,

> Another question. Is it possible to select more than one file
> attachment at once? Sometimes I want two or more files of the same
> folder to be attached to a mail. C-c C-a lets you chose only one file
> after the other while you always have to retype the whole path. There
> must be a more convenient, maybe Dired-like, way to select files to be
> attached.

Use dired:

(defun th-dired-mode-init ()
  ;; ...
  ;; Attach marked files in dired to existing message buffer: C-c C-m C-a
  (turn-on-gnus-dired-mode))

(add-hook 'dired-mode-hook 'th-dired-mode-init t)

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: Large and multiple attachments
@ 2011-02-09 15:05   ` Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2011-02-09 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus

Hi Tassilo

> "Sven Bretfeld" <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:
>
> Hi Sven,
>
>> Another question. Is it possible to select more than one file
>> attachment at once? Sometimes I want two or more files of the same
>> folder to be attached to a mail. C-c C-a lets you chose only one file
>> after the other while you always have to retype the whole path. There
>> must be a more convenient, maybe Dired-like, way to select files to be
>> attached.
>
> Use dired:
>
> (defun th-dired-mode-init ()
>   ;; ...
>   ;; Attach marked files in dired to existing message buffer: C-c C-m C-a
>   (turn-on-gnus-dired-mode))
>
> (add-hook 'dired-mode-hook 'th-dired-mode-init t)

Wow, that was fast. And it works. Thank you very much. I hope that
someone can also help me with the other problem.

Bye

@ 2011-02-14  2:28 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-02-14  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"Sven Bretfeld" <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:

> It must be a Gnus problem. Is there a variable that limits the
> acceptable message-size?

I know of no problems when sending huge attachments from Gnus.  It works
for me.