* Using gnus-gravatar.el with emacs 23
@ 2010-12-22 12:00 Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2010-12-22 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I'm trying to use gnus-gravatar.el with emacs 23.2 and its gnus 5.13. I
load succesfully gravatar.el and gnus-gravatar.el, so when viewing an
article I can do a `M-x gnus-treat-from-gravatar' and see the icons.

When I try gnus to do this automatically every time I read a new article
with

(add-to-list 'gnus-treatment-function-alist '(t gnus-treat-from-gravatar))

nothing happens. As the manual only mentions how to activate/deactivate
existing washing functions, I'm a bit lost here. How could it be done?

Thanks,

--
Alberto

* Re: Using gnus-gravatar.el with emacs 23
@ 2010-12-22 12:13 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-12-22 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alberto Luaces; +Cc: ding

Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:

Hi Alberto,

> I'm trying to use gnus-gravatar.el with emacs 23.2 and its gnus
> 5.13. I load succesfully gravatar.el and gnus-gravatar.el, so when
> viewing an article I can do a `M-x gnus-treat-from-gravatar' and see
> the icons.
>
> When I try gnus to do this automatically every time I read a new article
> with
>
> (add-to-list 'gnus-treatment-function-alist '(t gnus-treat-from-gravatar))

I think you should not modify that variable.  It's no custom option and
has no documentation, so it's most probably not intended for users.

To do what you want, I use:

,----
| (require 'gnus-gravatar)
| (defun th-gnus-article-prepared ()
|   (gnus-treat-from-gravatar)
|   (gnus-treat-mail-gravatar))
|
| (add-hook 'gnus-article-prepare-hook 'th-gnus-article-prepared)
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: Using gnus-gravatar.el with emacs 23
@ 2010-12-22 12:27   ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2010-12-22 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Tassilo Horn writes:

> Alberto Luaces writes:
>
> Hi Alberto,
>
>> I'm trying to use gnus-gravatar.el with emacs 23.2 and its gnus
>> 5.13. I load succesfully gravatar.el and gnus-gravatar.el, so when
>> viewing an article I can do a `M-x gnus-treat-from-gravatar' and see
>> the icons.
>>
>> When I try gnus to do this automatically every time I read a new article
>> with
>>
>> (add-to-list 'gnus-treatment-function-alist '(t gnus-treat-from-gravatar))
>
> I think you should not modify that variable.  It's no custom option and
> has no documentation, so it's most probably not intended for users.

I thought something like this, but I was desperate :)

> To do what you want, I use:
>
> ,----
> | (require 'gnus-gravatar)
> | (defun th-gnus-article-prepared ()
> |   (gnus-treat-from-gravatar)
> |   (gnus-treat-mail-gravatar))
> |
> | (add-hook 'gnus-article-prepare-hook 'th-gnus-article-prepared)
> `----

Works like a charm, thank you very much.

--
Alberto