* spamassassin misclassifies the Face header
@ 2003-02-14  1:56 Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 2003-02-14  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Or, one more reason why spamassassin sucks.

Beware that if you include the new Face header in your messages, they
might be misclassified by spamassassin as spam.

``Bulk email software fingerprints found in headers''

Here is the report from one of my messages which got caught by
spamassassin on Gmane.

  * -1.0 -- Found a User-Agent header
  * -0.1 -- Found a References header
  *  4.6 -- Bulk email software fingerprints found in headers
  *  0.0 -- Possibly-forged 'Received:' header found
  *  1.5 -- BODY: Asks you to click below

I've filed a spamassassin bug report about this, so hopefully it will
be addressed.

* Re: spamassassin misclassifies the Face header
@ 2003-02-14  3:22 ` A.J. Rossini
From: A.J. Rossini @ 2003-02-14  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"Jason R. Mastaler" <jason@mastaler.com> writes:

> Or, one more reason why spamassassin sucks.
>
> Beware that if you include the new Face header in your messages, they
> might be misclassified by spamassassin as spam.
>
> ``Bulk email software fingerprints found in headers''

Cool!  I was wondering why my "tame" email to a gateway.com address
got classified as spam (other than the rest of it discussed purchasing
Debian-based computers from them :-).

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu

* Re: spamassassin misclassifies the Face header
@ 2003-02-14  3:25   ` Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 2003-02-14  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

rossini@blindglobe.net (A.J. Rossini) writes:

> Cool!  I was wondering why my "tame" email to a gateway.com address
> got classified as spam

But your messages don't contain _Face_ headers do they? I haven't
found X-Face headers to be a problem in the past.

I think all the base64 encoded output is what's tripping spamassassin
up.

* Re: spamassassin misclassifies the Face header
@ 2003-02-14  3:37     ` A.J. Rossini
From: A.J. Rossini @ 2003-02-14  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"Jason R. Mastaler" <jason@mastaler.com> writes:

> rossini@blindglobe.net (A.J. Rossini) writes:
>
>> Cool!  I was wondering why my "tame" email to a gateway.com address
>> got classified as spam
>
> But your messages don't contain _Face_ headers do they? I haven't
> found X-Face headers to be a problem in the past.

I can't think of any other reason it got classified, though...