* Latin-9 encoding in XEmacs
@ 2002-01-21 12:55 Pekka Marjola
From: Pekka Marjola @ 2002-01-21 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since latest XEmacs (in CVS) already supports Latin-9, when does Gnus
get support for that? I hacked mm-find-mime-charset-region to work
sort of (works partially), so something proper would be nice.

öä^[-A€^[-b

--
pema@iki.fi * http://www.iki.fi/pema/

* Re: Latin-9 encoding in XEmacs
@ 2002-01-21 19:51 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-21 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pekka Marjola <pema@iki.fi> writes:

> Since latest XEmacs (in CVS) already supports Latin-9, when does Gnus
> get support for that? I hacked mm-find-mime-charset-region to work
> sort of (works partially), so something proper would be nice.

Gnus should support any charset that Emacs reports.  Doesn't
`find-coding-systems-region' (and friends) report Latin-9?

* Re: Latin-9 encoding in XEmacs
@ 2002-01-22  2:01   ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2002-01-22  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Pekka Marjola <pema@iki.fi> writes:
>
>> Since latest XEmacs (in CVS) already supports Latin-9, when does Gnus
>> get support for that? I hacked mm-find-mime-charset-region to work
>> sort of (works partially), so something proper would be nice.
>
> Gnus should support any charset that Emacs reports.  Doesn't
> `find-coding-systems-region' (and friends) report Latin-9?

Probably not, because "supports" in this case means "there is a work in
progress towards Latin-9 and unity..."

        Daniel

--
It is quite humbling to realize that the storage occupied by the longest line
from a typical Usenet posting is sufficient to provide a state space so vast

* Re: Latin-9 encoding in XEmacs
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-01-22  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

>> Gnus should support any charset that Emacs reports.  Doesn't
>> `find-coding-systems-region' (and friends) report Latin-9?
>
> Probably not, because "supports" in this case means "there is a work in
> progress towards Latin-9 and unity..."

Ok; then Gnus does not support Latin-9.

* Re: Latin-9 encoding in XEmacs
@ 2002-01-30  9:26   ` Pekka Marjola
From: Pekka Marjola @ 2002-01-30  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> Pekka Marjola <pema@iki.fi> writes:
>> Since latest XEmacs (in CVS) already supports Latin-9, when does Gnus
>> get support for that? I hacked mm-find-mime-charset-region to work
>> sort of (works partially), so something proper would be nice.

Lars> Gnus should support any charset that Emacs reports.  Doesn't
Lars> `find-coding-systems-region' (and friends) report Latin-9?

With latin-unity package for XEmacs, detect-coding-region reports
Latin-9. With some small kludges (mm-find-mime-charset-region has
Emacsisms), posting Latin-9 seems to work for posting, too.

Ä€

--
pema@iki.fi * http://www.iki.fi/pema/