* unintuitive posting styles behavior
@ 2001-01-06 21:19 Hans de Graaff
From: Hans de Graaff @ 2001-01-06 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've finally converted from some hand-made stuff to posting styles a
few weeks ago. I'm only using a simple style right now, which looks
something like this:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(("chi2001.student-posters-chairs"
	 ("Reply-To" "CHI 2001 Student Posters Chairs <chi2001-studentposters@acm.org>")
	 ("Cc" "Someone else's address"))
	))

That is, if I'm sending email in my capacity as this chair for a
conference, it sets up the reply-to address to go to our alias, and it
creates a Cc to my co-chair (I'm doing this with someone else). This
is great, because I always forgot to add both of these in replies, and
my co-chair didn't know about a bunch of things I had replied to.

Now for the unintuitive behavior. Consider a message send to me, but
Cc'ed to someone else. Normally I would do 'F' for a wide reply, and
the To: address would be from the person sending mail to me, and the
Cc: address would be of the person Cc'ed in the original mail.

Now with posting styles this doesn't happen. The Cc: in the posting
styles seems to overrule the Cc: from the 'F' wide reply completely. I
can understand that one would want that at some times, but I'd like to
see the Cc: to also be additive instead.

Going through the manual once more it seems that doing something like
the

              (From (save-excursion
                      (set-buffer gnus-article-buffer)
                      (message-fetch-field "to"))))

part might be convinced to do what I want. I'll play with that a bit,
but perhaps other people have other thoughts on this?

Hans

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-06 21:19 UTC | newest]