* Finally chased down elusive point-moving bug
@ 2011-01-23 23:58 Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-23 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I've been seeing this annoying bug for ages where triggering some image
downloads would move point around in the group buffer.  (Or the summary
buffer if you were in the article buffer.)

After a few false starts (I though the problem was that we were killing
off the HTTP working buffer in Gnus instead of letting the URL library
do it instead), it was instead a bug in url-http.el itself, where it
would call (point-max) unconditionally in a possibly "killed buffer";
i.e., a random buffer.

I've now fixed this bug, but, of course, point will still pop around
weirdly for people using older Emacs versions.

* Re: Finally chased down elusive point-moving bug
@ 2011-01-24 17:33 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-01-24 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:58:56 +0100 Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LI> I've been seeing this annoying bug for ages where triggering some image
LI> downloads would move point around in the group buffer.  (Or the summary
LI> buffer if you were in the article buffer.)

LI> After a few false starts (I though the problem was that we were killing
LI> off the HTTP working buffer in Gnus instead of letting the URL library
LI> do it instead), it was instead a bug in url-http.el itself, where it
LI> would call (point-max) unconditionally in a possibly "killed buffer";
LI> i.e., a random buffer.

LI> I've now fixed this bug, but, of course, point will still pop around
LI> weirdly for people using older Emacs versions.

Thanks for fixing that.

Ted