* X-Faces and smilies
@ 2001-09-08 23:26 Alexander Kotelnikov
From: Alexander Kotelnikov @ 2001-09-08 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I am using cvs gnus and emacs 20.7. I wonder if I can have smilies,
X-Faces, picons etc. displayed with gnus internal methods (smiley.el
and others)?

Probably it is possible in XEmacs only. Then I'd like to pion emacs 20
users on bitmap-mule package which can display X-Faces, smilies and
to give other opportunities to display bitmaps in emacs 20.
--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia

* Re: X-Faces and smilies
@ 2001-09-14 18:55 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-09-14 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Alexander Kotelnikov <sacha@softjoys.ru> writes:

> I am using cvs gnus and emacs 20.7. I wonder if I can have smilies,
> X-Faces, picons etc. displayed with gnus internal methods (smiley.el
> and others)?

Debian knows a package called bitmap-mule which might do the trick,
but I don't know how to use it.  Anyone?

kai
--
Symbol's function definition is void: signature

* Re: X-Faces and smilies
@ 2001-09-14 19:43   ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2001-09-14 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Debian knows a package called bitmap-mule which might do the trick,
> but I don't know how to use it.  Anyone?

Simply install it.  Remember, it's Debian.

Of course you need

;; display x-faces
(setq gnus-treat-display-xface 'head)

which should be the default.

;; shut up, just save
(setq x-face-mule-force-save-cache-file t)

;; I recommend this one...
(setq gnus-article-x-face-too-ugly "Raymond Scholz")

Cheers, Ray
--
"The main failure in computers is usually between keyboard and chair."

* Re: X-Faces and smilies
@ 2001-09-15  1:29     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-09-15  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Raymond Scholz <ray-2001@zonix.de> writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Debian knows a package called bitmap-mule which might do the trick,
>> but I don't know how to use it.  Anyone?
>
> Simply install it.  Remember, it's Debian.

Well, maybe the OP doesn't have Debian.

kai
--
Symbol's function definition is void: signature