* maildir without hardlinks?
@ 2002-09-03 18:48 Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-09-03 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to migrate some home directories to an afs filesystem. AFS
does not allow hardlinks between directories:

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/AdminGuide/auagd007.htm#HDRWQ32

Would it be possible to allow nnmaildir to use another method for
storing marks?  Or, perhaps arrange things in such a way that all the
marks were pointing to a file in the same directory?

Thanks,
--
Josh Huber

* Re: maildir without hardlinks?
@ 2002-09-03 19:39 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-09-03 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Josh Huber <huber@alum.wpi.edu> wrote:
> Would it be possible to allow nnmaildir to use another method for
> storing marks?  Or, perhaps arrange things in such a way that all the
> marks were pointing to a file in the same directory?

I think the easiest change would be to make the .../read/* entries be
links to one file, and the .../expire/* entries be links to another
file.  Then everything works the same as before, with just a few extra
inodes per group.  I'll put this on my todo list.

paul

* Re: maildir without hardlinks?
@ 2002-09-03 20:52   ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-09-03 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> I think the easiest change would be to make the .../read/* entries
> be links to one file, and the .../expire/* entries be links to
> another file.  Then everything works the same as before, with just a
> few extra inodes per group.  I'll put this on my todo list.

Cool, this is what I had in mine as well.

Thanks,

--
Josh Huber