* gnus-summary-search-article-forward gets stuck to a loop
@ 2001-03-12 14:01 Hannu Koivisto
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 2001-03-12 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

When I try to search for a regexp with
gnus-summary-search-article-forward in an nntp group, eventually
all I get is

.
.
.
Searching article: 63921...
Searching article: 64503...
Searching article: 63917...
Searching article: 63910...
Searching article: 64060...
Searching article: 63921...
Searching article: 64503...
Searching article: 63917...
Searching article: 63910...
Searching article: 64060...
Searching article: 63921...
.
.
.

I'm using somewhat old Oort Gnus from CVS (2001-01-27) with Emacs
20.7.  Could this possibly be a known problem that has been fixed
in later versions?  If not, what could I do to help to debug this
problem (besides upgrading to a newer version)?

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail

* Re: gnus-summary-search-article-forward gets stuck to a loop
@ 2001-03-12 14:30 ` Hannu Koivisto
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 2001-03-12 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hannu Koivisto <azure@iki.fi> writes:

| problem (besides upgrading to a newer version)?

CVS server finally started responding so I was able to upgrade and
I can't reproduce the problem with the latest CVS version.

Sorry for the noise,