* Different "from" header per group
@ 2000-10-25 12:42 Stan Norton
From: Stan Norton @ 2000-10-25 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Someone addressed this recently , but I can't find a reference...

I'd like to employ different "from" headers based on the current
group:

group1:  From header "<1>"
group2:  From header "<2>"
group3:  From header "<1>"...

Thanks for any direction.

* Re: Different "from" header per group
@ 2000-10-25 14:43 ` Matthias Wiehl
From: Matthias Wiehl @ 2000-10-25 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 25 Oct 2000, Stan Norton wrote:

> I'd like to employ different "from" headers based on the current
> group:

C-h C-i gnus RET -> "Composing Messages" -> "Posting Styles"
--
Matthias Wiehl <mwiehl@gmx.de> * <http://linux.unixcity.de/mwiehl/>

* Re: Different "from" header per group
@ 2000-10-27  0:37   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-10-27  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

s.now.playing>
Date: 26 Oct 2000 15:21:39 -0700

Matthias Wiehl <mwiehl@gmx.de> writes:

> On 25 Oct 2000, Stan Norton wrote:
>
> > I'd like to employ different "from" headers based on the current
> > group:
>
> C-h C-i gnus RET -> "Composing Messages" -> "Posting Styles"

Is C-h C-i an Xemacs thing or did you mean C-c C-i from group buffer?
Or C-h i g <gnus> from anywhere.

* Re: Different "from" header per group
@ 2000-10-27  0:43     ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2000-10-27  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

[...]

> Matthias Wiehl <mwiehl@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> On 25 Oct 2000, Stan Norton wrote:
>>
>> > I'd like to employ different "from" headers based on the current
>> > group:
>>
>> C-h C-i gnus RET -> "Composing Messages" -> "Posting Styles"
>
> Is C-h C-i an Xemacs thing

Yes. Bound to `Info-query'.
        Daniel

--