* What ever happened to nnimap-list-pattern?
@ 2017-12-28 13:19 Mats Lidell
From: Mats Lidell @ 2017-12-28 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

Going through my gnus setup I realized I have a patched version of nnimap-get-groups that for a specific mail source changes the LIST command to *not* get all files from the server. (Yes that imap server runs uw-imapd)

That patch mention above seems still to be necessary. Is there some way to get the same behavior I need for that imap server that I'm missing or has support for uw-imapd ie nnimap-list-pattern been dropped from gnus?

Oddly the use of nnimap-list-pattern is still mentioned in the FAQ which must be an error or?

Yours
--
%% Mats

* Re: What ever happened to nnimap-list-pattern?
@ 2018-04-11 18:34 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2018-04-11 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mats Lidell; +Cc: ding

Mats Lidell <mats.lidell@cag.se> writes:

> Going through my gnus setup I realized I have a patched version of
> nnimap-get-groups that for a specific mail source changes the LIST
> command to *not* get all files from the server. (Yes that imap server
> runs uw-imapd)
>
> That patch mention above seems still to be necessary. Is there some
> way to get the same behavior I need for that imap server that I'm
> missing or has support for uw-imapd ie nnimap-list-pattern been
> dropped from gnus?

Hm...  Isn't nnimap able to talk to an uw-imapd server?

> Oddly the use of nnimap-list-pattern is still mentioned in the FAQ
> which must be an error or?

Sounds like the FAQ is out of date.  :-/