* problem with an imap folder (gmail label) and article counts
@ 2013-05-18 16:10 Joseph Mingrone
From: Joseph Mingrone @ 2013-05-18 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I use nnimap to read mail from gmail.  When I try enter one group, I'm
prompted with the message "How many articles from blah (574 available,
default 200): ".  However, when I hit enter I'm told "No unread news".
If I don't accept the default of 200, but put 574 it will give me a list
of articles, although it's not 574, it's 121, the number Gmail reports
through the web interface.  How can I diagnose this problem?  Moreover,
the message counts reported when I try to enter a group often don't
match the summary buffer or what the Gmail web interface reports.  Is
there a solution to this?

Joseph

* Re: problem with an imap folder (gmail label) and article counts
@ 2013-06-06 14:51 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-06-06 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, 18 May 2013 13:10:17 -0300 Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> wrote:

JM> I use nnimap to read mail from gmail.  When I try enter one group, I'm
JM> prompted with the message "How many articles from blah (574 available,
JM> default 200): ".  However, when I hit enter I'm told "No unread news".
JM> If I don't accept the default of 200, but put 574 it will give me a list
JM> of articles, although it's not 574, it's 121, the number Gmail reports
JM> through the web interface.  How can I diagnose this problem?  Moreover,
JM> the message counts reported when I try to enter a group often don't
JM> match the summary buffer or what the Gmail web interface reports.  Is
JM> there a solution to this?

Usually `M-g' will find the correct totals by refreshing the group
info.  Does it work for you?

Ted