From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Gnus registry and Emacs <= 23.1 (was: ERT tests on Emacs22)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 08:25:42 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, May 18 2011, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I'd really like to avoid writing a hashtable serializer for the sake of
> Emacs 23.1 and older users.  It's been missing since the
> gnus-registry.el rewrite and no one has complained, so I doubt it's a
> big population of people who want the latest Gnus yet can't upgrade
> their Emacs.

You seem to assume that everybody using Gnus is using the registry.
That statement "nobody is using released Emacs with latest Gnus" is
not true.  Given the limited compatibility, I am glad that I didn't
change my setup (e.g. `nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent') to use the
registry years ago. :-(

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,