* Message contains more than two parts
@ 2002-08-16 11:04 Tiarnan O Corrain
From: Tiarnan O Corrain @ 2002-08-16 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I frequently get the message in the subject when I try to send a
mail. Does anyone know what the reason is? I also get prompted several
times as to whether I really want to send the message.

--
Tiarnán Ó Corráin
Consultant / System Administrator

* Re: Message contains more than two parts
@ 2002-08-16 13:00 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-08-16 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Aug 16 2002, Tiarnan O. Corrain wrote:

> I frequently get the message in the subject when I try to send a
> mail. Does anyone know what the reason is?

This happens e.g. when your quote from a message contains iso-8859-1
characters and you enter iso-8859-15 characters (see you
signature). For Emacs, an `á' from iso-8859-1 is different to an `á'
from iso-8859-15. Therefore Gnus splits the message into iso-8859-1
and iso-8859-15 parts. `ucs-tables.el' (from the development version
of Emacs) provides a solution for this problem.

is an attempt (not finished yet) to make the setup easier for users of
Emacs 21.1 (and 21.2). See the "Installation:" section
therein. Feedback welcome.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Message contains more than two parts
@ 2002-08-17  0:11   ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2002-08-17  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Reiner Steib wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 16 2002, Tiarnan O. Corrain wrote:
>
>> I frequently get the message in the subject when I try to send a
>> mail. Does anyone know what the reason is?
>
> This happens e.g. when your quote from a message contains iso-8859-1
> characters and you enter iso-8859-15 characters (see you
> signature). For Emacs, an `á' from iso-8859-1 is different to an `á'
> from iso-8859-15. Therefore Gnus splits the message into iso-8859-1
> and iso-8859-15 parts. `ucs-tables.el' (from the development version
> of Emacs) provides a solution for this problem.

> is an attempt (not finished yet) to make the setup easier for users of
> Emacs 21.1 (and 21.2). See the "Installation:" section
> therein. Feedback welcome.

In a similar vein, if you use XEmacs you should look at the latin-unity
package. This implements, er, latin unity, which reduces the number of
character sets to the minimum required to represent all the text in the
buffer.

Alternately, install some version of Emacs or XEmacs that can deal with
UTF-8 text and you should be able to use that as the unified encoding...

        Daniel

--
She lives in my blood and skin
Her wild feral stare, her dark hair