* nnir advice
@ 1999-12-09 15:29 David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1999-12-09 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

So, I finally decided that find | xargs grep was no longer sufficient
for searching my mail.  We have some version of glimpse (3.0 it looks
like) here so I ran glimpseindex (just on my mail, my home dir is too
big) and downloaded nnir and set it up.  I like it a lot.  I don't
know how I've lived without it this long.  Thanks Kai!

But now I'm being told that our sysadmins don't want to maintain
glimpse on the end user systems since it doesn't have enough user
demand to justify their time.  I have no problem maintaining my own
copy, but if I have to do that I wonder: should I look for a newer
version, try out this freewais-sf I've seen reference to or something
else?  Any advice or pointers to appropriate URLs would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730