* Display fontification
@ 2011-01-19 12:42 Nicolas Martyanoff
From: Nicolas Martyanoff @ 2011-01-19 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I regularly receive mails generated by a git hook, each one containing
the diff of a commit. I'd like to display the diff with syntax
highlighting, but can't find how.

The manual tells about mm-inline-media-tests, but it seems to work only
for attachment. Here the diff is in the body of message. Ideally, I'd
like to be able to specify a user-provided function which analyze the
message, and tell gnus to use the diff faces to highlight the body.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Martyanoff
   http://codemore.org

* Re: Display fontification
@ 2011-01-19 21:06 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2011-01-19 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Martyanoff; +Cc: ding

On Wed, Jan 19 2011, Nicolas Martyanoff wrote:

> I regularly receive mails generated by a git hook, each one containing
> the diff of a commit. I'd like to display the diff with syntax
> highlighting, but can't find how.
>
> The manual tells about mm-inline-media-tests, but it seems to work only
> for attachment. Here the diff is in the body of message. Ideally, I'd
> like to be able to specify a user-provided function which analyze the
> message, and tell gnus to use the diff faces to highlight the body.
>
> Is there a way to do that ?

Try adding the group name to `mm-uu-diff-groups-regexp':

,----[ <f1> v mm-uu-diff-groups-regexp RET ]
| mm-uu-diff-groups-regexp is a variable defined in `mm-uu.el'.
| Its value is
| "gmane\\..*\\(diff\\|commit\\|cvs\\|bug\\|devel\\)"
|

| Documentation:
| Regexp matching diff groups.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----