* Broken encoding in HTML parts with shr
@ 2011-01-05  9:41 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-01-05  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

since shr is available, I switched my habit of preferring the plain text
part if there is a HTML alternative.  Unfortunately, the encoding is
broken in the HTML part.

For example, in the HTML part of some mail I have:

  Viele Gr|_e

where in the text part it's correctly

  Viele Grüße

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: Broken encoding in HTML parts with shr
@ 2011-01-05 14:21 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-05 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> since shr is available, I switched my habit of preferring the plain text
> part if there is a HTML alternative.  Unfortunately, the encoding is
> broken in the HTML part.
>
> For example, in the HTML part of some mail I have:
>
>   Viele Gr|_e

I'm not sure I understand.  If the encoding is broken in the HTML part,
there's nothing Gnus can do about that.

* Re: Broken encoding in HTML parts with shr
@ 2011-01-05 14:32   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-01-05 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> since shr is available, I switched my habit of preferring the plain
>> text part if there is a HTML alternative.  Unfortunately, the
>> encoding is broken in the HTML part.
>>
>> For example, in the HTML part of some mail I have:
>>
>>   Viele Gr|_e
>
> I'm not sure I understand.  If the encoding is broken in the HTML
> part, there's nothing Gnus can do about that.

No, you got me wrong.  Both parts are declared correctly:

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CBACC1.4925F100

with "Viele Gr=FC=DFe", and

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CBACC1.4925F100

also with "Viele Gr=FC=DFe".

So the encoding is identical, but Gnus displays the mail differently.
And it's not only that mail, but it applies to any HTML mail with
non-ASCII contents.

I'll forward that mail to you privately.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Sent from my Emacs