* set-window-point in gnus-dribble-enter?
@ 2002-06-07 15:05 Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-06-07 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm not sure why I'm seeing this now, but perhaps it's an XEmacs bug.
When I hit RET on a topic to fold/unfold it, the point jumps to the
end of the *Groups* buffer /every/ time.  This is irritating, to say
the least.  The reason for it is the line:

       (set-window-point (get-buffer-window (current-buffer)) (point-max))

in gnus-dribble-enter, called from gnus-dribble-touch, which is called
from gnus-topic-select-group.

Anyone know what the goal of this call was?  I suspect this is also
the cause of random groups getting redrawn at the bottom of my groups
buffer as well.  I'm not sure why it started happening recently
though.  Does anyone else see this?

ttyl,
--
Josh Huber