* expireing nnml groups to nnmbox archive
@ 2001-11-07 20:09 Olivier Berger
From: Olivier Berger @ 2001-11-07 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I'd like to know if it's possible to archive old mails os a mailing-list stored in a nnml folder using expiration to a nnfolder.

At the present time I've only configured archive of nnml to another nnml archive, but I'm afraid I get too many files for the OS someday.

Thanks in advance.
--
Olivier BERGER - Secrétaire de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)

* Re: expireing nnml groups to nnmbox archive
@ 2001-12-29 21:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-29 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olivier Berger <olberger@club-internet.fr> writes:

> I'd like to know if it's possible to archive old mails os a
> mailing-list stored in a nnml folder using expiration to a nnfolder.

Sure.  Look at `nnmail-expiry-target' in the Gnus manual.

* Re: expireing nnml groups to nnmbox archive
@ 2001-12-30 16:10   ` Olivier Berger
From: Olivier Berger @ 2001-12-30 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Olivier Berger <olberger@club-internet.fr> writes:
>
> > I'd like to know if it's possible to archive old mails os a
> > mailing-list stored in a nnml folder using expiration to a nnfolder.
>
> Sure.  Look at `nnmail-expiry-target' in the Gnus manual.

This works, but I can't get back to the archived messages :(

I customized the parameters for the current gnus-ding group (which is
nnml:gnus-ding) so that expiry target goes to an already created
(empty) "nnfolder:gnus-ding_archive" group.

Whenever I expire messages in the nnml:gnus-ding group, the articles
get copied to the file ~/Mail/gnus-ding_archive (and removed from the
nnml directory)...

But I can't open the nnfolder group from the *Group* buffer (neither
RET nor C-u SPACE work), and the minibuffer reads "Can't select
group".

Is there something special to do in order to consult the "archived"
expired message copied in the nnfolder group ?

(GNU Emacs 21.1.1 and Gnus v5.8.8)

Thanx in advance for any help

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-30 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Olivier Berger <olberger@club-internet.fr> writes:

> But I can't open the nnfolder group from the *Group* buffer (neither
> RET nor C-u SPACE work), and the minibuffer reads "Can't select
> group".

This sounds like nnfolder can't find its group.  Perhaps the select
method (`G e') is incorrect?

* Re: expireing nnml groups to nnmbox archive
@ 2001-12-31 10:33       ` Olivier Berger
From: Olivier Berger @ 2001-12-31 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Olivier Berger <olberger@club-internet.fr> writes:
>
> > But I can't open the nnfolder group from the *Group* buffer (neither
> > RET nor C-u SPACE work), and the minibuffer reads "Can't select
> > group".
>
> This sounds like nnfolder can't find its group.  Perhaps the select
> method (`G e') is incorrect?

I've just checked it and it looks correct : (nnfolder "")

But, surprisingly, I now can open the nnfolder group...

I'm wondering what's just changed.... Maybe just the fact that I
checked the value of the select method corrected it ?

Anyway, there is something strange here... but it now works.

I'll keep you informed if I can get more details of what's wrong
there.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,