* emacs.devel group problem?
@ 2010-10-15 15:48 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2010-10-15 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Not sure if this a gnus problem or a gmane problem...

Trying to show some old articles does not work for:

nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.devel

C-u 2000 RET
on that group yields 641 articles.  Any prefix argument bigger than 641
gets that many articles.
This happens on two different machines running different emacs (so gnus) versions.

Any idea what is going on?

* Re: emacs.devel group problem?
@ 2010-10-15 17:43 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-10-15 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: gmane-discuss

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:48:32 -0400 Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org> wrote:

DN> Not sure if this a gnus problem or a gmane problem...
DN> Trying to show some old articles does not work for:

DN> nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.devel

DN> C-u 2000 RET
DN> on that group yields 641 articles.  Any prefix argument bigger than 641
DN> gets that many articles.
DN> This happens on two different machines running different emacs (so gnus) versions.

DN> Any idea what is going on?

Yes, see the discussions on gmane.discuss.  I freaked out about this too :)

Fortunately, it's not a Gnus bug, just a misconfigured server expiry.
Lars is working on getting the NOV files regenerates and all the
articles have already been copied back.

Ted