* post a message from any buffer
@ 2018-05-10  8:36 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-05-10  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

I want to be able to send(post) a message from any buffer I am in.
So I have set up the following

(defun my-check-gnus-start ()
  (interactive) (unless
      (gnus-alive-p)
    (progn
	  (setq gnus-agent t) (gnus-unplugged)
      (gnus nil))))

(defun my-gnus-summary-post-news ()
  "Start composing a message.  Post to the current group by
  default.
If ARG, don't do that.  If ARG is 1, prompt for a group name to
post to.  Depending on the selected group, the message might be
either a mail or a news."
  (interactive) (my-check-gnus-start) ;; Bind this variable here
  to make message mode hooks work ok.  (let ((gnus-newsgroup-name
  ""))
	;; make sure last viewed article doesn't affect posting
           styles:
    (gnus-post-news 'post gnus-newsgroup-name)))

And I do want the following headers.

To:  Subject:  From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> Gcc:
nnml:sent-mail --text follows this line--

However sometimes the Gcc keeps empty and I dont't understand why.

Any comments?

Uwe Brauer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-05-10  8:36 UTC | newest]