* UTF-8 support has gone away
@ 2003-04-12 11:36 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2003-04-12 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Platform: Intel PII,
	  debian testing/unstable (sarge),
	  XEmacs 21.4 (patch 6) "Common Lisp" [Lucid] (i386-debian-linux, Mule)
	  Oort Gnus v0.18 (CVS update done today)
	  mule-ucs 0.84.99rc3

I am no longer able to see correct characters in articles with:
I see UTF-8 characters rendered as ISO 8859-1 instead.

An example of such an article, is <m3znocweb7.fsf@bfnet.com>, posted
earlier on this list.

Does anyone have an idea of how to debug this?

I suspect that this happened after a recent debian apt-get update of
my system.  I noticed that the mule-ucs package was updated.
The mule-ucs emacs lisp code seems to still be present for XEmacs,
because the library 40mule-ucs is loaded during startup.

Thanx

- Steinar

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-12 11:36 UTC | newest]