* Post patch to gnus.cvslog?
@ 2002-02-03 15:46 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-02-03 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wouldn't it be nice if the entire patch was included in the automatic
notification to gnus.cvslog?  I find myself looking at them sometimes,
and using cvs manually for this takes some time..

* Re: Post patch to gnus.cvslog?
@ 2002-02-03 17:42 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-02-03 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Wouldn't it be nice if the entire patch was included in the automatic
> notification to gnus.cvslog?  I find myself looking at them sometimes,
> and using cvs manually for this takes some time..

Yes, that would be nice.  Perhaps one group with patches and one
without, for those who subscribe to the cvslog mailing list.

What magic would I have to stuff into the cvslog script to do
something like that?

* Re: Post patch to gnus.cvslog?
@ 2002-02-03 18:08   ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2002-02-03 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What magic would I have to stuff into the cvslog script to do
> something like that?

The diffstat code already generates patches; basically rather than piping
them through diffstat, you can just collect them and add them to the mail
message.  That part's fairly straightforward; the slightly harder part is
figuring out a good way to specify that the notifications should be sent
to one address and the patches to another, since CVS doesn't support
running multiple programs for a single commit.

* Re: Post patch to gnus.cvslog?
@ 2002-02-03 21:25   ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2002-02-03 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 03 Feb 2002, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> Wouldn't it be nice if the entire patch was included in the automatic
>> notification to gnus.cvslog? I find myself looking at them sometimes,
>> and using cvs manually for this takes some time..
>
> Yes, that would be nice.  Perhaps one group with patches and one
> without, for those who subscribe to the cvslog mailing list.

Yes, please. My bandwidth costs enough already that I am willing to pay
in time when I do want to review a patch. :)

        Daniel

--
Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.
        -- Kahlil Gibran