* nnwarchive summary format
@ 2001-12-19  5:03 news
From: news @ 2001-12-19  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

The summaries of my nnwarchive groups from mail-archive.com look
like:

R +[   0:                        ] Re: code in cvs is broken
  +[   0:                        ] Re: Weird stock value behavior
  +    <   0:                        >
  +    <   0:                        >

where the sender's field is blank.  C-h v nnwarchive-summary- TAB
shows there aren't any user variables to set this.  I know
mail-archive scrubs the email addresses, but the sender names are
usually available, at least on the web page views.

My default group summaries look like:

  +[  79: Benjamin Rutt          ] request feedback on new function gnus-dired-attach
  +    [  63: ShengHuo ZHU           ]
  +        [  53: Benjamin Rutt          ]
  +        [ 129: Benjamin Rutt          ]

which is what I want to achieve.  I looked in nnwarchive.el, but
I couldn't grok how the summaries were even being done.

Any ideas?  Look harder at nnwarchive.el?

Thanks.

Chris

* Re: nnwarchive summary format
@ 2001-12-19  5:41 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-12-19  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

(Chris Beggy ) news@kippona.com writes:

> The summaries of my nnwarchive groups from mail-archive.com look
> like:
>
> R +[   0:                        ] Re: code in cvs is broken
>   +[   0:                        ] Re: Weird stock value behavior
>   +    <   0:                        >
>   +    <   0:                        >
>
> where the sender's field is blank.  C-h v nnwarchive-summary- TAB
> shows there aren't any user variables to set this.  I know
> mail-archive scrubs the email addresses, but the sender names are
> usually available, at least on the web page views.

Fixed.

ShengHuo

* Re: nnwarchive summary format
@ 2001-12-19  6:51   ` news
From: news @ 2001-12-19  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> (Chris Beggy ) news@kippona.com writes:
>
>> The summaries of my nnwarchive groups from mail-archive.com look
>> like:
>>
>> where the sender's field is blank.  C-h v nnwarchive-summary- TAB
>> shows there aren't any user variables to set this.  I know
>> mail-archive scrubs the email addresses, but the sender names are
>> usually available, at least on the web page views.
>
> Fixed.

Wow! Yes it is.

Thanks.

Chris