* Couldn't request group nndraft:drafts:
@ 2000-05-16 13:38 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2000-05-16 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Subj... How can I bring it back to life? I do have the drafts
directory, and there's even a saved message there. But entering the
drafts group fails.

I have:

        nndraft-current-directory
        Value: "/d/dima/News/drafts/drafts/"

        nndraft-directory
        Value: "~/News/drafts/"

A message is in /d/dima/News/drafts/drafts/, but copying it to
/d/dima/News/drafts/ doesn't work either. And yes,
(expand-file-name nndraft-directory) yields "/d/dima/News/drafts/".

Thanks.

Gnus v5.8.7,
XEmacs 21.2  (beta33) "Melpomene" [Lucid] (i686-pc-cygwin) of Fri May 12 2000 on LUCY

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Couldn't request group nndraft:drafts:
@ 2000-05-16 15:12 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-05-16 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Ding

Does it help to kill (C-k) or delete (G DEL) the group, to quit Gnus,
and to start Gnus again, to make it reappear?
kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: Couldn't request group nndraft:drafts:
@ 2000-05-16 15:21 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-05-16 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry> Hi,
Dmitry> Subj... How can I bring it back to life? I do have the drafts
Dmitry> directory, and there's even a saved message there. But entering the
Dmitry> drafts group fails.

Dmitry> I have:

Dmitry>         nndraft-current-directory
Dmitry>         Value: "/d/dima/News/drafts/drafts/"

Dmitry>         nndraft-directory
Dmitry>         Value: "~/News/drafts/"

Dmitry> A message is in /d/dima/News/drafts/drafts/, but copying it to
Dmitry> /d/dima/News/drafts/ doesn't work either. And yes,
Dmitry> (expand-file-name nndraft-directory) yields "/d/dima/News/drafts/".

The setting is right, and draft messages go to
/d/dima/News/drafts/drafts/ instead of /d/dima/News/drafts/.

You should check parameters of nndraft:drafts by typing `G E' on the
group. It should look like the follows.

("nndraft:drafts" 1 nil nil
 (nndraft "")
 ((gnus-dummy
   (gnus-draft-mode))))

--
Shenghuo

* Re: Couldn't request group nndraft:drafts:
@ 2000-05-16 16:01   ` Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2000-05-16 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Dmitry> Hi,
> Dmitry> Subj... How can I bring it back to life? I do have the drafts
> Dmitry> directory, and there's even a saved message there. But entering the
> Dmitry> drafts group fails.
>
> Dmitry> I have:
>
> Dmitry>         nndraft-current-directory
> Dmitry>         Value: "/d/dima/News/drafts/drafts/"
>
> Dmitry>         nndraft-directory
> Dmitry>         Value: "~/News/drafts/"
>
> Dmitry> A message is in /d/dima/News/drafts/drafts/, but copying it to
> Dmitry> /d/dima/News/drafts/ doesn't work either. And yes,
> Dmitry> (expand-file-name nndraft-directory) yields "/d/dima/News/drafts/".
>
> The setting is right, and draft messages go to
> /d/dima/News/drafts/drafts/ instead of /d/dima/News/drafts/.
>
> You should check parameters of nndraft:drafts by typing `G E' on the
> group. It should look like the follows.
>
> ("nndraft:drafts" 1 nil nil
>  (nndraft "")
>  ((gnus-dummy
>    (gnus-draft-mode))))

That's what I got:

("nndraft:drafts" 3 nil nil
 (nndraft "")
 ((gnus-dummy
   (gnus-draft-mode))))

Which is exactly the same (save for the level). Still, no luck.

--

@ 2000-05-16 16:05   ` Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2000-05-16 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Groъjohann) wrote:

> Does it help to kill (C-k) or delete (G DEL) the group, to quit Gnus,
> and to start Gnus again, to make it reappear?
> kai

Killing didn't help (matter of fact, I did try that before I think). I
got a bit different messages immediately after a gnus start:

Retrieving newsgroup: nndraft:drafts...
Opened server  using directory ~/News/drafts/
Couldn't request group nndraft:drafts: Opened server  using directory ~/News/drafts/

The result is the same though - can't enter it...

--

@ 2000-05-16 17:11     ` BrYan P. Johnson
From: BrYan P. Johnson @ 2000-05-16 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> > Dmitry> Hi,
> > Dmitry> Subj... How can I bring it back to life? I do have the drafts
> > Dmitry> directory, and there's even a saved message there. But entering the
> > Dmitry> drafts group fails.
> >
> > You should check parameters of nndraft:drafts by typing `G E' on the
> > group. It should look like the follows.
>
> That's what I got:
>
> ("nndraft:drafts" 3 nil nil
>  (nndraft "")
>  ((gnus-dummy
>    (gnus-draft-mode))))
>
> Which is exactly the same (save for the level). Still, no luck.

I ran into exactly this problem. Is your gnus directory byte compiled?

BrYan

* Re: Couldn't request group nndraft:drafts:
@ 2000-05-16 18:39       ` Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2000-05-16 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

"BrYan P. Johnson" <bilko@onebabyzebra.com> wrote:

<snip>
> > Which is exactly the same (save for the level). Still, no luck.
>
> I ran into exactly this problem. Is your gnus directory byte compiled?

BrYan,

Thanks! That did it. Strangely enough, only about half of the .el
files in lisp/ were byte-compiled (although I *think* I did "make"
gnus after every update). After a make in lisp/ it works... I wonder
though - is this a bug or a feature? ;^)

Thanks again.

--
Cheers,
-Dima.