* Controlling Destination of Respooled Messages
@ 1998-06-11 19:23 dave-mlist
From: dave-mlist @ 1998-06-11 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I use `B r' to respool mail articles, I can't control the fact
that they go into "nnml+mail.misc".  But I want to set this to be any
number of archive groups.  Is it possible?

Dave

* Re: Controlling Destination of Respooled Messages
@ 1998-06-11 22:19 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1998-06-11 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

dave-mlist@bfnet.com writes:

> When I use `B r' to respool mail articles, I can't control the fact
> that they go into "nnml+mail.misc".  But I want to set this to be any
> number of archive groups.  Is it possible?

Yes,  you can even set up whole alternate split rules for respooling just
about anywhere you want and just keep in commented out in .gnus till you
need it.

I think you need to read the 'splitting' pages.  From group/summary
buffer C-c C-i to get Gnus info then 'g' (goto node) 'splitting'<RET>
(no quotes)  will get you there.
Then experiment with some of the splitting examples there.

--

Harry Putnam  reader@newsguy.com

* Re: Controlling Destination of Respooled Messages
@ 1998-06-12 11:54 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-06-12 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  > When I use `B r' to respool mail articles, I can't control the
  > fact that they go into "nnml+mail.misc".  But I want to set this
  > to be any number of archive groups.  Is it possible?

B r means to treat a message as if it had just come in via mail.  That
is, the normal nnmail-split-methods variable applies.

If you want to copy or move a message to a group you already know,
just use B c (for copying) or B m (for moving).  Btw, there is a
variable gnus-move-split-methods which is similar to
nnmail-split-methods but is applied when you do B m, and it does
suggestions only.

kai
--
A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
(BFBS Radio)