* feature/gnus-select git branch
@ 2018-12-17  3:23 Andrew Cohen
From: Andrew Cohen @ 2018-12-17  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

After 9 months of not having time to do anything gnus-related, I found a
few minutes to push some bug fixes to the feature/gnus-select
branch. And, of course, I completely borked the repository in the
process.

So rather than go through the tedious process of restoring everything,
with the help of Stefan I created a new branch, feature/gnus-select2
that is rebased off of master (from several days ago) and has all of my
local fixes in it. I will shortly delete the old feature/gnus-select
branch, and wanted to give anyone (anyone?) who is using it a chance to
upgrade.

I have been using this for nearly a year with no problems. If you are
using nnir for searching this should (hopefully) work without
modification. It has a variety of new features as well (see my previous
posts). And regarding the recent discussion of whether or not changes in
a search buffer are permanent, in this version they certainly are:)

Best,
Andy

* Re: feature/gnus-select git branch
@ 2018-12-17 19:51 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2018-12-17 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Andrew Cohen <cohen@andy.bu.edu> writes:

> After 9 months of not having time to do anything gnus-related, I found a
> few minutes to push some bug fixes to the feature/gnus-select
> branch. And, of course, I completely borked the repository in the
> process.
>
> So rather than go through the tedious process of restoring everything,
> with the help of Stefan I created a new branch, feature/gnus-select2
> that is rebased off of master (from several days ago) and has all of my
> local fixes in it. I will shortly delete the old feature/gnus-select
> branch, and wanted to give anyone (anyone?) who is using it a chance to
> upgrade.
>
> I have been using this for nearly a year with no problems. If you are
> using nnir for searching this should (hopefully) work without
> modification. It has a variety of new features as well (see my previous
> posts). And regarding the recent discussion of whether or not changes in
> a search buffer are permanent, in this version they certainly are:)

Great!

I'm excited to see this move forward, and hope it lands before too long.
I haven't looked at my old gnus-search branch in a while, but as
nnselect gets closer to being merged I'll dust it off and fix the
remaining bugs.

* Re: feature/gnus-select git branch
@ 2018-12-28 21:33 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2018-12-28 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Andrew Cohen <cohen@andy.bu.edu> writes:

> After 9 months of not having time to do anything gnus-related, I found a
> few minutes to push some bug fixes to the feature/gnus-select
> branch. And, of course, I completely borked the repository in the
> process.
>
> So rather than go through the tedious process of restoring everything,
> with the help of Stefan I created a new branch, feature/gnus-select2
> that is rebased off of master (from several days ago) and has all of my
> local fixes in it. I will shortly delete the old feature/gnus-select
> branch, and wanted to give anyone (anyone?) who is using it a chance to
> upgrade.

FWIW, I've seen no problems so far. The one bug I saw before -- where
`nnselect-artlist' could pollute the global namespace -- is fixed. I've
put in some shims for Gnorb, and everything's working as expected.