* Gnus looses IMAP server
@ 2013-10-08 21:37 Melleus
From: Melleus @ 2013-10-08 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I use Gnus with multiple imap setup for my e-mail and it used to work
somehow. But resently one of IMAP servers began to work just only for
some time after starting Gnus. After that I get following errors (in my
Message buffer):

gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't open server
Opening nnimap server on bla.bla...
Server nnimap+bla.bla previously determined to be down; not retrying
Opening nnimap server on bla.bla...failed: *nnimap*<4> connection broken by remote peer

Note: bla.bla is IMAP server URL.

All other IMAP servers (four of them) work OK. And I ought to restart
Emacs to get the broken IMAP server work again for some time (I mean
restarting only Gnus is not enough).

Is there a way to make Gnus not loosing connection or retry it without
restarting Emacs and Gnus at least?

I use Gnus v 5.13 from Debian repositories.

Thank you.

* Re: Gnus looses IMAP server
@ 2013-10-09 20:13 ` Melleus
From: Melleus @ 2013-10-09 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Maybe this is a gnustls bug. When trying to reconnect from Servers
buffer I got following errors in my Messages buffer:
Opening connection to imap.bla.bla via tls...
gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) Received alert:  Bad record MAC
Restarting Gnus has no effect, but after restarting Emacs everything
gets working againg for some time.
When setting imap logging to true I got an empty log.

Any suggestions?

* Re: Gnus looses IMAP server
@ 2013-11-03 11:14   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-11-03 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 23:13:49 +0300 Melleus <melleus@openmailbox.org> wrote:

M> Maybe this is a gnustls bug. When trying to reconnect from Servers
M> buffer I got following errors in my Messages buffer:
M> Opening connection to imap.bla.bla via tls...
M> gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
M> gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) Received alert:  Bad record MAC
M> Restarting Gnus has no effect, but after restarting Emacs everything
M> gets working againg for some time.
M> When setting imap logging to true I got an empty log.

M> Any suggestions?

Set `gnutls-log-level' and then `M-x report-emacs-bug' if you can.  Try
`gnutls-cli' from the command line and see if you get the same error (in
which case it's definitely a GnuTLS issue).

The version and type of the remote server would be helpful, and if it's
publicly accessible it would be even better.

Thanks!
Ted