* Underlines on links
@ 2011-05-30 18:01 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-05-30 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

If you read

<x1-E99sJeYX2a1X/EjwI9o2eLKYZlI@gwene.org>

you'll get a nice picture with a blue line going through it.  That's the

Is there a way to make that line actually be at the bottom of the image
instead almost at the middle?

* Re: Underlines on links
@ 2011-05-31  9:39 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-05-31  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 30 May 2011 20:01:19 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> If you read
LMI> <x1-E99sJeYX2a1X/EjwI9o2eLKYZlI@gwene.org>

LMI> you'll get a nice picture with a blue line going through it.  That's the

LMI> Is there a way to make that line actually be at the bottom of the image
LMI> instead almost at the middle?

Do you want to improve the link face for all of Emacs (in which case ask
on emacs-devel) or just for Gnus?

Ted

* Re: Underlines on links
@ 2011-05-31 18:51   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-05-31 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Do you want to improve the link face for all of Emacs (in which case ask
> on emacs-devel) or just for Gnus?

I'm not sure.  I was hoping there would be some kind of property you
could set on the images that would make the underline drop down to the
bottom.  In which case it would be a shr.el fix.

* Re: Underlines on links
@ 2011-05-31 19:23     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-05-31 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 31 May 2011 20:51:29 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> Do you want to improve the link face for all of Emacs (in which case ask
>> on emacs-devel) or just for Gnus?

LMI> I'm not sure.  I was hoping there would be some kind of property you
LMI> could set on the images that would make the underline drop down to the
LMI> bottom.  In which case it would be a shr.el fix.

I couldn't find it, after experimenting with that for a while.  Sorry.

Ted

* Re: Underlines on links
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-05-31 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> I couldn't find it, after experimenting with that for a while.  Sorry.

Then I guess `shr-add-font' will have to be amended to skip portions of
the buffer that are or will be images.

Which is too bad, because it would be nice if link-ey images had the
same underline as link-ey text...

* Re: Underlines on links
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-05-31 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Which is too bad, because it would be nice if link-ey images had the
> same underline as link-ey text...

Hey!  Adding :ascent 100 to `create-image' made the underlines go to the
bottom of the image.  Looks nice.

* Re: Underlines on links
@ 2011-05-31 19:41           ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-05-31 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 31 May 2011 21:37:10 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>> Which is too bad, because it would be nice if link-ey images had the
>> same underline as link-ey text...

LMI> Hey!  Adding :ascent 100 to `create-image' made the underlines go to the
LMI> bottom of the image.  Looks nice.

Oh, I didn't think :ascent would do it.  I guess I was thinking
upside-down.

Ted