* Using latex to render article buffers ?
@ 2003-03-23 22:01 Xavier MAILLARD
From: Xavier MAILLARD @ 2003-03-23 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: zedek, maillaxa

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
Hi,

I just want to know if sth exists to have article buffers automatically
rendered using *Tex or enything else.

Thx,

zeDek
--
"The number of Unix installations has grown to ten,  with more
 expected." (Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd ed.; june 1972)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Using latex to render article buffers ?
@ 2003-03-24  0:42 ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2003-03-24  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, maillaxa

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Xavier MAILLARD wrote:
> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

You seem to have a duplicate secure tag in your message bodies. :)

> I just want to know if sth exists to have article buffers
> automatically rendered using *Tex or enything else.

muttprint, <http://muttprint.sourceforge.net/>, is intended to do this
for printing.

If you want better rendering for inline display then you are probably
out of luck -- though you /could/ theoretically run muttprint in the
background to get a DVI rendered, convert that to a bitmap format and
replace the inline text with a glyph from that bitmap.

I wouldn't, though.

  Daniel

--
Every time you think television has hit its lowest ebb, a new ... program
comes along to make you wonder where you thought the ebb was.

* Re: Using latex to render article buffers ?
@ 2003-03-24  5:47   ` Juha Autero
From: Juha Autero @ 2003-03-24  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

> If you want better rendering for inline display then you are probably
> out of luck -- though you /could/ theoretically run muttprint in the
> background to get a DVI rendered, convert that to a bitmap format and
> replace the inline text with a glyph from that bitmap.

There is preview-latex, that is designed for displaying LaTeX in
(X)Emacs buffer. <URL: http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net/ >
--
Juha Autero
http://www.iki.fi/jautero/