* gnus-change-server got stuck(?)  Indicator suggestion
@ 2002-06-11 15:09 Hannu Koivisto
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 2002-06-11 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

I invoked gnus-change-server about 20h ago.  My Emacs is still
eating all the CPU time, memory consumption stays at ~16MB.  It
doesn't do redisplay.  It would be, like, user friendly or
something to display some sort of an indicator of its progress so
that one could see whether it is actually doing something or just
stuck for some obscure reason.  At least one could display the name
of the group after it has been processed, if not something more
fine-grained.

Is it safe to interrupt gnus-change-server?  Will I see what groups
it has already processed so that I can use
gnus-group-move-group-to-server on the rest of the groups (I hope
gnus-group-move-group-to-server listens to marks so that I don't
manually have to invoke it for several groups)?

I'm using Gnus from CVS as of 2002-05-17 running on Emacs 21.2
running on Debian GNU/Linux x86 stable.

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-11 15:09 UTC | newest]