* nnimap subscription problem
@ 2002-01-29  9:42 Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-01-29  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

When I subscribe to an nnimap group, using 'U' in the *Gnus Browse
Server* buffer, the newly subscribed group appears multiple times in
the *Group* buffer. Then, if I unsubscribe one of these instances, all
of them are deleted from this buffer.

Am I doing something the wrong way ?

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas.

PS : the underlying IMAP server is UW.

* Re: nnimap subscription problem
@ 2002-01-29 19:03 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-01-29 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas.Kowalski@imag.fr> writes:

> Hello.
>
> When I subscribe to an nnimap group, using 'U' in the *Gnus Browse
> Server* buffer, the newly subscribed group appears multiple times in
> the *Group* buffer. Then, if I unsubscribe one of these instances, all
> of them are deleted from this buffer.
>
> Am I doing something the wrong way ?

No, it shouldn't do that.  Can you C-k all the groups, save and
restart everything, and reproduce it?

* Re: nnimap subscription problem
@ 2002-01-29 19:12   ` Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-01-29 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas.Kowalski@imag.fr> writes:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> When I subscribe to an nnimap group, using 'U' in the *Gnus Browse
>> Server* buffer, the newly subscribed group appears multiple times in
>> the *Group* buffer. Then, if I unsubscribe one of these instances, all
>> of them are deleted from this buffer.
>>
>> Am I doing something the wrong way ?
>
> No, it shouldn't do that.  Can you C-k all the groups, save and
> restart everything, and reproduce it?

I did. Gnus has the same behaviour (multiple instances for the same
group).

I tested another thing : I killed my .newsrc, then rebuilt all
subscriptions from scratch. All went fine. It seems like this file
keep some garbage.

Nicolas.

* Re: nnimap subscription problem
@ 2002-01-30 19:24 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2002-01-30 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When I subscribe to an nnimap group, using 'U' in the *Gnus Browse
> Server* buffer, the newly subscribed group appears multiple times in
> the *Group* buffer. Then, if I unsubscribe one of these instances,
> all of them are deleted from this buffer.

I get this behaviour, but only for a single nnimap group at a time,
and the ghost group shows up at the top.  If I remove the nnimap group
with the "ghost", a remaining nnimap group get the ghost.

I've seen this behaviour over many generations of Gnus, on both XEmacs
and GNU Emacs, and nobody else seems to see it, so I guess it is
something in my setup.

[snip!]
> PS : the underlying IMAP server is UW.

I've seen this on both UoW and Cyrus.