* Gwene somehow broken with git Gnus
@ 2011-03-28 12:47 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-03-28 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

since lately, Gnus doesn't play nice with my gwene groups.  The first
issue is that there seeme to be some encoding issues.  For example, the
contents of the article "News: GCC 4.6.0 freigegeben" in
nntp+Gmane:gwene.de.pro-linux.alles is displayed as

[1. text/html]

   Ein knappes Jahr nach GCC 4.5.0 haben die GCC-Entwickler nun Version
   4.6.0 des freien Compilers mit Unterst\303\203\302\274tzung f\303\203\302\274r Android und die
   Programmiersprache Go ver\303\203\302\266ffentlicht. Daneben ist die neue Version von
   zahlreichen Optimierungen gepr\303\203\302\244gt.

   Link

The encoded chars should be ü, ü, ö, and ä in this sequence.  The
article has this Content-Type header:

For example, ü is 0xC3BC in UTF-8, so it seems that the values above are
correct.

Another issue is that the "Link" in the article has no text properties
at all.  Not so long time ago, it was clickable and would fire up a
browser showing the article in the original web source.

Can anyone confirm that?

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Gwene somehow broken with git Gnus
@ 2011-03-28 17:44 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-03-28 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi again,

I've solved the issue.  The problem was that I'm currently test-driving
the lexbind-new Emacs branch, and I didn't copy the USE flags used for
compiling the Gentoo GNU/Linux emacs-lexbind package from my emacs-vcs
config.

Because of that, no support for m17n-lib and libxml2 were compiled in.
However, I don't see exactly why any of those would be needed for gwene
groups...

Bye,
Tassilo
--