* Tool bar style - is there better way to customize?
@ 2010-10-12 14:25 CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2010-10-12 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I found I need to set three variables to use GNOME stype tool bar:

,----
| (setq gnus-group-tool-bar 'gnus-group-tool-bar-gnome)
| (setq gnus-summary-tool-bar 'gnus-summary-tool-bar-gnome)
| (setq message-tool-bar 'message-tool-bar-gnome)
`----

I think it's natural to use same style for these three instead of
GNOME/Retro mixed. Something like:

(setq gnus-tool-bar-style 'gnome or 'retro)

* Re: Tool bar style - is there better way to customize?
@ 2010-10-12 18:19 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2010-10-12 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CHENG Gao; +Cc: ding

On Tue, Oct 12 2010, CHENG Gao wrote:

> I found I need to set three variables to use GNOME stype tool bar:
>
> ,----
> | (setq gnus-group-tool-bar 'gnus-group-tool-bar-gnome)
> | (setq gnus-summary-tool-bar 'gnus-summary-tool-bar-gnome)
> | (setq message-tool-bar 'message-tool-bar-gnome)
> `----

These values should be the default values, so there's no need to set
them.

,----[ <f1> v gmm-tool-bar-style RET ]
| gmm-tool-bar-style is a variable defined in `gmm-utils.el'.
| Its value is gnome
|

| Documentation:
| Prefered tool bar style.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Tool bar style - is there better way to customize?
@ 2010-10-13  3:15   ` CHENG Gao
From: CHENG Gao @ 2010-10-13  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

*On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:19:07 +0200
* Also sprach Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>:

> On Tue, Oct 12 2010, CHENG Gao wrote:
>
>> I found I need to set three variables to use GNOME stype tool bar:
>>
>> ,----
>> | (setq gnus-group-tool-bar 'gnus-group-tool-bar-gnome)
>> | (setq gnus-summary-tool-bar 'gnus-summary-tool-bar-gnome)
>> | (setq message-tool-bar 'message-tool-bar-gnome)
>> `----
>
> These values should be the default values, so there's no need to set
> them.

Without setting them I got retro. (Because I am using MACOS?)

>> I think it's natural to use same style for these three instead of
>> GNOME/Retro mixed. Something like:
>>
>> (setq gnus-tool-bar-style 'gnome or 'retro)
>
> ,----[ <f1> v gmm-tool-bar-style RET ]
> | gmm-tool-bar-style is a variable defined in `gmm-utils.el'.
> | Its value is gnome
> |

> | Documentation:
> | Prefered tool bar style.
> |
> | You can customize this variable.