* low-score-marked articles incorrectly selected upon entering a group
@ 2010-09-17 18:53 Štěpán Němec
From: Štěpán Němec @ 2010-09-17 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

This is another glitch caused by recent changes: the first Y-marked
article is selected and marked read instead of the first unread article.
It only happens in groups which actually have some real unread articles
as well; OTOH in groups with _only_ the low-scored (`Y') articles
(possibly plus some ticked ones etc.), no article is selected for
reading (which is correct and same as before).

(Still observed with emacs-snapshot 20100916, but it has been broken for
some time already; since about the time Lars started his Gnus coding
carnival.)

Štěpán

* Re: low-score-marked articles incorrectly selected upon entering a group
@ 2010-09-17 19:00 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-09-17 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Štěpán Němec <stepnem@gmail.com> writes:

> This is another glitch caused by recent changes: the first Y-marked
> article is selected and marked read instead of the first unread article.
> It only happens in groups which actually have some real unread articles
> as well; OTOH in groups with _only_ the low-scored (`Y') articles
> (possibly plus some ticked ones etc.), no article is selected for
> reading (which is correct and same as before).

I'm unable to reproduce this.

If I enter a group (with `SPC') with two Y-marked articles, and two
unread articles, the first unread article is selected.

What the value of your `gnus-auto-select-subject' variable?

* Re: low-score-marked articles incorrectly selected upon entering a group
@ 2010-09-17 20:32   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-09-17 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I'm unable to reproduce this.

And then I reproduced and fixed it.

* Re: low-score-marked articles incorrectly selected upon entering a group
@ 2010-10-01 22:51     ` Štěpán Němec
From: Štěpán Němec @ 2010-10-01 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes: