* Re: lamer... how to send group email efficiently
       [not found] <87mwqfxp12.fsf@newsguy.com>
@ 2013-06-25  7:48 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-06-25  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Its a lamer question for 10+ yr gnus user but I've never had occasion
> to send group emails.  Just not something I do.

[...]

> There must be a number of folks here who have developed nifty ways to
> do this... please anyone share your technique.

I use bbdb.  Add an appropriate alias to each bbdb entry for the members
of the list using e.g.  "a listname RET".

Then, in gnus, typing in the listname (followed by space, say) in the
To: (or equivalent) field will automatically expand to all the entries
in the BBDB that have that alias.  This approach is ideal for a list
that changes from time to time.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.8 + evil 1.0-dev

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-06-25  7:48 UTC | newest]